Ghost Money???

Discussion in 'ESO - English Spoken Only' started by thousandmiles, Apr 17, 2015.

Toko Bitcoin Bitcoin Mobile Opera Coin Cryptonomos
  1. thousandmiles

thousandmiles Member Baru

VIP Username:
    nengaya
    I am new in Bitcoin and I like the idea of "No organization or individual can't control Bitcoin"

When I asked my friends about Bitcoin, mostly a look of confusion; either never heard before or sounds illegal and the rest don't even care.

The funniest thing that I ever heard is when one of my friends said that Bitcoin is "ghost money" but it make sence to me. Did anyone ever touched Bitcoin for real?:smile:

So, what is the interesting reaction you got when you explained about Bitcoin to your friends?

steve cole likes this.
  2. Cryptoaddict

Cryptoaddict Newbie Moderator™ Staff Member

Change Tip:
    Bitcoin Address:
    Well..when my wife mention my hobby as cryptocurrency trader in some afternoon chat there's one of my neighbor wife think i turn in to a pig at night and steal people money, when i think it's probably just a joke suddenly the next day her husband asking for confirmation.

bondhokumpeni likes this.
  3. thousandmiles

VIP Username:
    nengaya
    :tearsofjoy: I can't stop laughing.

Since I am a begginer, it was hard for me to find a right words. So, what is your best explanation?

4. Cryptoaddict

Change Tip:
    Bitcoin Address:
    Welcome to the club then..i own my first bitcoin in 2011 and it's still hard to find the perfect explanation for every occasion, for that specific neighbor i just used the analogy of bitcoin/digital currency is somewhat similar with credit or pulsa in our cell phone only with much more useful feature. :)

5. thousandmiles

VIP Username:
    nengaya
    Thank you for the greetings. And what a good explanation.

I have read many articles that said Bitcoin was hits $1000 and falling down on the next year till now. If you own your Bitcoin since 2011, what is the the most impacted to you as cryptocurrency trader?

6. Cryptoaddict

Change Tip:
    Bitcoin Address:
    Hmm..actually at first like most people it's all about income, a big disposable income at our finger tip :), $1k bitcoin bubble gave some of us that, then as time pass i just realize that no matter high the bitcoin price or profit, our daily lives still depend on many thing, for example if we have good government then we may have better live, we have bad government then it also impact our lives, our future is tied with something that we can't change.

Bitcoin free some of that tie, now with bitcoin the value of our money aren't decide by government or other, if they make bad policy that cause price to spike or our money less value, the bad impact won't affect me, my income, and my life directly anymore. in short bitcoin provide individual like us a chance to actually decide our financial future. and if you further study the technology behind bitcoin, it actually much more beautiful and can be use to help improving many aspect of people lives.

The $1000 rise gave us extra money but that's it, currently there are more bubble rise like that happen almost monthly in many digital currency, but the real good impact is still much more to come.

Sorry for the rant.. sometimes it happen when we speak about bitcoin. :p

thousandmiles likes this.
  7. bondhokumpeni

bondhokumpeni FBI Police Staff Member

Change Tip:
    VIP Username:
    nq-bitcoin
    Bitcoin Address:
    credit +1 ,...LOL.... :smile:

8. thousandmiles

VIP Username:
    nengaya
    +1

I like to hear more from you. Sounds optimist and what a lovely sentences. It's remind me to Mars-One's project, many people around the world work together toward a shared and better future. So, it must be a serious mistake to judge Bitcoin's future based on the movement in the exchange rate. In short, Bitcoin exists because users assign value to it. People like you and maybe me in near future.

9. Cryptoaddict

Change Tip:
    Bitcoin Address:
    I always love involved in discussion about our "ghost money", bitcoin price only decline because by 2014 the number of bitcoin transaction total number DOUBLE from previous year, that mean rather than staying idle in somebody wallet more bitcoins enter circulation and have actual use and value more than just an investment tool for the rich and then it just basic economy law, more supply created in the market drives the price down. The next few year i believe will be great for bitcoin or any digital currency development; Bitcoin 2.0, the halving of bitcoin reward in 2016, more security feature, some potential blockchain project being develop and few other reason for optimism. If we think about it no matter if bitcoin price is 500 or 50, the benefit would be positive for most of us, we are no longer depend our financial fate in the decision of other, even if bitcoin do not survive, the Blockchain technology behind it will still continue to evolve for the benefit of humanity.

Since you mention Mars-One Project, i absolutely love the idea behind it, flying and space has always been my childhood dream, in fact when i sold my bitcoin saving in 2013 one of the first thing i bought was the best computer system available to build my own private flight simulator :), however, one of the Mars-One finalist said it was all scam. the news broke my heart but it won't broke my hope of better technology for better future.

Thank you for the nice discussion.

10. thousandmiles

VIP Username:
    nengaya
    You are most welcome. You gave me more clear vision than I thought.

And I just jump into the internet and yes, the latest information about Mars-One make me feel sad too. However, it is a good start how mankind taking a part of the future vision. Whatever it is; making colony on Mars, sending humans and satellites into space like Virgin Galactic's project or developing digital cryptocurrency, it always amazed me and the most important thing is the main reason or the idea behind it. And of course, it requires more than just effort but also dedication and sacrifice.

Honestly, I loves flying and I will fly for the rest of my life. And if I could, I want to explore the galaxy. It quite insane. But like my parents always said...and the dreams that you dare to dream...really do come true. Perhaps some other time:pensive:

Talking about flight simulator, I have a friends if you want to share to.

I really appreciate you.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  11. goldenwings

goldenwings Fresh dari Oven

Bitcoin Address:
    different people different ideas, so choose what the best for yourself not what others think for you

12. Ken Diva

Ken Diva Reguler

Bitcoin Address:
    well, the interesting is you can make a transaction on just a sec from anywhere (if you have the internet and the capable device) haha.. and no one knows what i have :sunglasses:

13. Badak

Badak Fresh dari Oven

Hi, guys!
    My name is Badak. I am freshman.
    I see you are experienced in Bitcoin questions here. Can you help me with your advise.
    I tried many different faucets, but the income is very low.
    So what is the best way to start earning btc?

14. godhand8

godhand8 Sudah Senior

Bitcoin Address:
    Ngepet dong om aahhaha

15. Coalfridge

Coalfridge Fresh dari Oven

What a flashy analogies to throw into a friendly conversation, must not forget!:laughing:

Toko Bitcoin Bitcoin Mobile Opera Coin Cryptonomos